Monday, August 10, 2020

Informed Consent

I wrote this close to 20 years ago, but I still feel this way, and need to remind myself of this from time to time.  And because this may not be crystal clear, let me say that the shape of this poem is deliberately a little bit like an exclamation point.

Informed Consent

Yes, Lord, yes!
Yes, I know there are times it will hurt.
Yes, I know there are times it will be scary.
Yes, I know You will lead me down roads
I would never have chosen for myself.
But now, I choose them freely and fully--
Any road that You will walk with me,
That You would choose for me.
And I know You will not hurt me
Any more than you have to.
And I know that I am save
Here in Your arms.
Yes, Lord, yes!


Yes, Lord yes!
I give my full permission--
To last through days and hours
When my flesh may scream, "NO!"
Do whatever You have to do.
Come in power, Lord.
Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment