Wednesday, July 29, 2020

The Veil

One I wrote a bunch of years ago, that still feels real to me.

The Veil

Hey!  Jesus did it!
The veil has been torn in two
The way is open now--
You can go straight into the Father's presence

Isn't this the news my heart has been longing to hear?

No more barriers
No more walls between me and the Father.
Uh, wow!
You mean, I can go now.  Right now.
Really got to Him.  Stand in His presence.
Just the way I am.

Oh, gee.
Um.
Really.
Now?
Are you sure?
God, the God of the Universe?
He wants to see me?
My presence is requested?
In the throne room?

But, um, what about the dishes?
And that crossword puzzle I'v been meaning to get to?
And? And?
Now?

Father, help me.
Help me do it
Help me draw near with confidence.
Not lightly, but not afraid.
Not making excuses and hanging back.
Sincerely trusting in the work that Jesus finished
Sprinkled with the Blood, Washed with the Father,
Walking the Living Way that Jesus opened and that He is
Let me draw near to the throne of grace
And find there mercy, and
Grace to help
In time of need
I need you, Lord.

I need you.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment