Saturday, May 21, 2022

A God Who Cares About Sparrows

I am a Princeton graduate, and I have spent my life (mostly) doing things that are not particularly important in the eyes of the world.  I've tried to do those things well, raising (with my husband) our three children, teaching Sunday school, writing and organizing Vacation Bible Schools, being a good friend and neighbor to the extent that I can.  I've worked some as a teacher at various levels and as a secretary.  I write poems that (mostly) nobody reads, and songs that (most of the time) nobody hears.  It is not that I believe these things don't matter, but to the extent that they do matter, they matter to God and in the context of God's kingdom, not to this current world system.  And so I wrote this song.

Sparrows


In this world, I am not important
I teach Sunday school, and helped to raise my family.
I doubt I'll ever stand before thousands,
But let me say, "That's all right with me."

       Because I know a God who cares about sparrows
        He clothes the flowers, and he calmed the seas.
        He holds everything together.
        He knows my name and he cares about me.

Now in this world you may be rich and famous
Or hanging on by your fingernails.
Jesus said that we don't have to worry
And he's the one who puts the wind into our sails.

    Because there is a God who cares about sparrows
    He clothes the flowers, and he calmed the seas.   
    He holds everything together.
    He knows your name and watches over you and me.






No comments:

Post a Comment