Monday, March 27, 2017

My Life's Song

I am trying to declutter my house, or at least to get it ready for a major decluttering push.  And in the process I came across a booklet of songs and poems that I gave to people in 1999, which is a long time ago now.

Despite the title, his one is just a poem; it never had a tune to it.  It still feels right to me, so I thought I'd share it here.

My Life's Song


When I'm stretched to the limit and aching
With tension I cannot release,
Then use me O Lord, as a drumhead.
Let me throb with the rhythms of peace.

When I'm empty and feeling so keenly
The holes that remain in my heart,
I ask You to breathe through my spirit.
Let love's melody then be my part.

Please use every part of my life, Lord--
The strengths and the scars and the pains--
'Til all are caught up in Your music
And only Your glory remains.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment