Thursday, March 30, 2017

Half of the Story

I think I wrote this song in 1998 or thereabouts.  But as we're coming up on Good Friday and Easter, it seemed appropriate to share it again.

Half of the Story

When I was little, there were times when I'd say,
"Mom I don't like it when the story's this way:
The lions are gonna gobble Daniel, he's dead."
And she'd turn the page and she would shake her head.
"You'll have to wait and see 
Just what the end will be."

You're seeing half of the story
This isn't finished, my friend,
We're only halfway through the story.
There will be glory and praise in the end.

When Jesus hung dying on that terrible cross
The people around him knew all hope had been lost.
The story is over when the hero dies
But then Easter morning came, and what a surprise
God had the final say
Death had to go away.

It was only half of the story.
It wasn't finished, my friend,
It was only halfway through the story.
And there was glory and praise in the end.

Now all around me I hear people say,
"How can God love us when the world is this way?
There is pain and betrayal, destruction and war."
But I've got to say what I have said before:
"Don't stop the story now
God will come through somehow."

We're seeing half of the story.
This isn't finished, my friend.
We're only halfway through the story
There will be glory and praise in the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment