Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Some Days

Sometimes Christians talk as if becoming a Christian would solve all of a person's problems forever and ever. It doesn't work that way. This is a song I wrote after hearing a lecture about Frederick Buechner's understanding of grace, but it is a response that came out of my own experience of trying to walk this walk of faith.

Some Days

Some days I feel You; some days I know
Your Holy Spirit moves in me and helps me grow
Some days I have to walk by faith,
And trust in Your unchanging grace.

Some days the pathway disappears
I'm overwhelmed by disappointments and by fears.
Still, winter helps the trees to grow--
Some days there's sun, some days there's snow.

Some days I'm standing in Your flow
Your love pours out and touches everyone I know
Some days it's hard to care at all
My love seems paltry, weak and small.

When I can't see, when I can't feel
There's still a part of me that knows that You are real.
My feelings change from day to day
Some days are bright, some days are gray.

Some days I feel You; some days it's clear
That You use each and every pain and every tear.
Some days I have to walk by faith
And trust in Your unchanging grace.






No comments:

Post a Comment